Brenda Blacklove is a pen name used by horror fiction author Clare Castleberry. She grew up in the middle of nowhere with a police officer father and an artistic bar-owning mother, which fueled her imagination with stories and left lots of time for reading and writing. She lives in New Orleans.
1) How long have you been writing?
As long as I can remember. I had a short story published when I was little (not erotica!) and have been hooked ever since.
2) Did you have a muse for your anthology story?
A couple of clients who’ve called me on my phone sex line have inspired me with their fantasies.
3) Have you ever experienced anything close to the erotica you write?
Not really, though I’ve had a lot of virtual and phone experiences. I am actually very picky about who I interact with in real life.
4) Female domination or Female submission what’s your preference?
5) Who are your writing influences?
For erotica, Anaïs Nin, Henry Miller and Pauline Réage. There are a lot of people who have influenced my horror writing and just writing in general, such as Charles Bukowski, John D. MacDonald and Margaret Atwood.
6) Will you be filling any stockings with our anthology this festive season?
Yes, I’m in the giving spirit this year.
7) Are there any links you’d like to share?
You can visit me on Twitter at @BrendaBlacklove, or brendablacklove.com. I write horror and some erotica over at @femmebionic.